Carpet Repair & Stretch
We are your carpet stretching and repair experts in the Northwest Indiana and Southwest Michigan area. If you have wrinkles in your carpet or if your pet tore a hole in your carpet, we can help! We offer free estimates to fix your carpet. If it is carpet related, we know how to fix it! We have experience in repairing and stretching all types and styles of carpet including Cut Pile (Saxony, Texture, Velvet/Plush, and Frieze), Level Loop Pile (including Berber), Cut and Loop Pile, Multi-Level Loop Pile, and Carpet Tile. We can do all sorts of patching with carpet as well. Do you have a bleach spot? No problem.
We can stretch and repair rooms with or without furniture. In many cases, we prefer to stretch the entire room and not just the visible wrinkles. This way we can guarantee our work and give you a life-time warranty of the work we perform on the carpet, knowing that you won’t have any future problems. We have seen many cases where we have come in after other companies have stretched carpets for a client to fix what should have been done to begin with. There are many companies out there who just are not experienced enough to stretch carpet properly. When you hire Quality Carpet Care, you can rest easy knowing we offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not completely thrilled with the service experience you receive from our company, we will rush back to your location at no charge and no obligation to correct the situation. If you are still unimpressed, you owe us nothing, and we will issue a 100% refund.
Carpet Stretching Process
- Pre–inspection and walk-though (we will look at the layout of the room/rooms of the home and determine the best direction(s) to stretch).
- We will pickup light furniture that may be in the way of us stretching the carpet.
- We will move any heavy furniture that may be in the way of the room we are stretching to one side of the room. ( Furniture sliders are often used )
- Our technicians will release the carpet from the tack strip.
- The carpet is stretched with a power stretcher from an anchor wall toward the opposite direction. (Note: The use of a power stretcher is extremely important. Never allow a company to stretch your carpets without the use of the power stretcher.)
- A knee kicker is used as an assist tool to the power stretcher and the carpet is attached back onto the tack strip by knee kicking the carpet and pressing the carpet back onto the tack strip with a hammer.
- Excess carpet that has been stretched is now on the tack strip and we will trim away the excess.
- The carpet is trimmed with a carpet trimming tool.
- The carpet is tucked back into the space between the tack and baseboard.
- Any excess carpet is trimmed as needed with a carpet knife.
- Cleanup and vacuum. (Large pieces are picked up and we will vacuum up the small pieces)
- Furniture is moved back into place.
- Post inspection and walkthrough. (We will walk through the home with our client and be sure everything looks great!)